British Car Council Inc. – Long Distance Award
The purpose of the program is to encourage British automobile drivers to participate in an awareness campaign for their fellow enthusiasts, their clubs, their personal pride and for the general public. By driving their classic cars* as much as possible, we are consistently bringing to mind the love of the British Classic Car.
* Classics do not include British cars considered “daily drivers” unless they are 15 or more years old – however, club executives should use discretion with final judgment up to the BCCI executive.
To encourage all participants, the British Car Council offers a “Long Distance Award”. This award, a specially struck plaque with the participant name(s) and vehicle(s) particulars is presented to those who have traveled the required distance during the program year.
1. Vehicles participating must NOT be “daily drivers” – unless they are 15 or more years old (i.e.: only classic cars used for driving and related events and pleasure during the season are eligible)
2. Program will be January 1st through December 31st annually.
3. The event will be open to all members of BCCI participating clubs, regardless of residence.
4. Each participating automobile will have the odometer confirmed by a club executive member at the start and end of the contest.
5. Club executives will be responsible for confirming the starting and the ending odometer readings.
6. Any defective odometer instruments are the responsibility of the owner to repair (no verbal estimates of distance will be accepted)
7. Dash plaques awarded to every driver successfully completing 3000 miles or 5000 kilometers (individual vehicles or combination of vehicles).
8. Dash plaques will be given to each club BCCI representative and distributed to the appropriate club members.